The Quality Outcomes Database (QOD) registries serve as a continuous national clinical registry for the most common neurosurgical, neurovascular and spine procedures and provides individual surgeons, practice groups, hospitals, and healthcare systems with an immediate infrastructure for analyzing and reporting on the quality of their care. The QOD Spine registries include Lumbar Spine, Cervical Spine, Spinal Deformity. NPA also offers the QOD Neurovascular registry, with registries in more subspecialty areas to follow.
Primary goals are to:
- Establish risk-adjusted national benchmarks for both the cost and quality of common surgical procedures;
- Allow practice groups and hospitals to analyze their individual morbidity and clinical outcomes in real-time;
- Generate data about the quality and efficiency of surgical procedures;
- Demonstrate the comparative effectiveness of surgical procedures; and,
- Facilitate essential national, multi-center trials and other cooperative clinical studies.
Contact NPA for more information or if you are interested in developing a new module.